Monday, April 15, 2013

Flying solo

Our first mothing session was a steep learning curve. Without my brother here to set up the trap and check it in the morning I learned that it is pretty hard to watch a four year-old and a two year-old, whilst dismantling the trap, photographing the creatures inside and making sure no fingers/antennae/legs/children are lost in the process. I also learned that my camera's macro setting isn't quite up to the job so I'll have to experiment with other cameras or get myself a new lens if this is to be a serious pursuit. Anyway, I don't imagine we'll be exciting the mothing world too much with what we trapped this week:

Lovely, small rusty orange moth

Tiny micro that has seen better days



Not a moth but heaps of these St. Andrew's Cotton
Stainers find their way into the trap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment