Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Another creature of the night

Unfortunately for this malevolent looking thing, my love of creatures great and small does not extend to scorpions. This one was found creeping down behind my drainpipe outside and was promptly dispatched with a spatula (now broken). I'm a bit sorry since he was probably just trying to rid the area of cockroaches but he did have a nasty looking stinger (pre-spatula) and I firmly believe in prevention rather than cure when it comes to scorpion infestations. Also, he might have eaten my moths!

Brown Bark Scorpion, known locally as Common Scorpion
Centruroides gracilis

3 comments:

  1. Louie loves this- but feels cheated that you couldn't 'come up wid da goods' while we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for (all three of) my British followers - they love me over there in the United Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete